Happy New Year from the PAFAC! We wish you a fantastic start to the year and hope that the joy of the New Year continues to brighten your days.
Here at the Port Angles Fine Arts Center, we are embracing the spirit of January. As the falling snow blankets Webster’s Woods, I can’t help but wonder if Esther ever sat in her living room with a crackling fire to watch snow flurries over Port Angeles. Does it get cozier than that?
Things may be calm around here, but they are far from lifeless. We are still at work behind the scenes, diving deep into planning for the year. The gallery is closed to the public for the entire month of January as we build on the groundwork we’ve laid for 2024 and prepare for our next exhibition.
The gallery will open with the opening reception of Strong Together- An ArtistBook Collaborative. We hope you will join us on Friday, February 9th from 5:30-7pm to see our first exhibit of 2024, hear from the curators, and explore the world of artist books!
Strong Together- An ArtistBook Collaborative is an exhibit highlighting the creativity that unfolds when we invite others to the table. Artists interweaved the common threads discovered through conversations- with each other, with their audience, with the universe- into unique mixed collaborative book works. Learn more about the exhibit here.
With the opening reception of Strong Together, we’ll be off to the races! Here’s a look at what’s coming up:
- Strong Together- An ArtistBook Collaborative
- Opening Reception: Friday, February 9th | 5:30-7:00pm
- On display February 10th- March 24th | Thursdays- Sundays, 11am-5pm
- Art Book Binding Workshop
- Thursday, February 22nd | 5-7pm
- $45 PAFAC Members | $55 General Public- Register at: https://pafac.kindful.com/e/art-book-binding-workshop
- Reimagining the Intersection of Art and Environment
- Opening Reception: Friday, April 5th | 5:30-7:00pm
- On display April 6th- May 26th | Thursdays- Sundays, 11am-5pm
- “Art in Bloom” Pop Up Floral Exhibit
- Friday, May 10th – Sunday, May 12th | 11am-5pm
- Blooming Artists– Creative Start Youth Exhibit
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, June 4th | 3:30-6:00pm
- On display June 6th- June 30th | Thursdays- Sundays, 11am-5pm
- Summertide Solstice Art Festival
- Saturday, June 15th | 1pm-5pm
- Celebration of Shadows Fall Festival
- Saturday, October 19th | 4pm-8pm
- Wintertide Festival of Lights
- Saturday, December 7th | 4pm-8pm
- Nature Art Camps at PAFAC
- Week 1: August 19th -23rd
- Week 2: August 26th- 30th
- Ages 7-12 | Registration and more details coming soon!
Mark your calendar for all the things you don’t want to miss and stay tuned for more details as we get closer to your favorite events. In the meantime, stay cozy!